By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.
TAGOLOAN, MISAMIS ORIENTAL, Philippines — While waiting to be documented by authorities on Monday, “Al,” a man in his 30s, told the Inquirer that he and other workers have not felt anything wrong with their bodies so far, in the years working at the plant operated here by Philippine Sanjia-Steel Corp., where experts have found “radiologically contaminated steel” in the premises.
Al and his coworkers said they were not bothered about the alleged hazards detected at the plant, following last week’s raid that resulted in the arrest of least 69 Chinese nationals.
After all, Al said, “we are still here and very much alive.”
READ: Workers appeal as steel mill closed in Misamis











