NewsUS NewsMass shootingsThe bodies of two suspects believed to have carried out the horror shooting in San Diego on Monday were found in a car containing hate speech documents and a petrol can with Nazi emblem12:57, 19 May 2026The teen shooters suspected of having carried out the horror San Diego shooting were found with a petrol can emblazoned with Nazi imagery and a car covered in hate-filled scrawlings.Cain Clark, 17, and 18-year-old Caleb Vasquez were found dead down the road from the Islamic Center of San Diego, outside which three people were killed in the shock Monday morning shooting. The two suspects are believed to have opened fire at worshippers outside the building at around 11.40am local time (6.40pm GMT), and were discovered with self-inflected gun wounds in a car nearby the centre, local police have said.Investigators probing the incident from the San Diego Police Department uncovered a petrol canister emblazoned with the logo of the SS, the Nazi paramilitary organisation, anti-Islam scrawlings and weapons engraved with hate speech.READ MORE: San Diego mosque shooting horror - everything we know so far after two teens shoot three deadREAD MORE: San Diego mosque shooting suspect Cain Clark pictured after duo 'kill two and security guard'Pictures taken at the scene show the red canister placed on the street clearly labelled with the distinctive logo, but police chiefs are yet to expand on the motives behind the attack. San Diego Police Chief Scott Wahl refused to clarify details of the "generalised hate rhetoric and hate speech" the two left at the scene.He told reporters that there was "hate rhetoric" involved, saying: "At this point, there was definitely hate rhetoric that was involved. I'll leave it at that for now."He did add, however, that one note discovered in the vehicle did not contain any specific threat to the mosque, or to any additional location or individual. Investigators have since travelled to a local high school, where one of the teens was a student, and a shopping mall to where the car they had used was tracked.The shooting took place after police said they received a call about a "runaway juvenile" from a worried mother, who said her son had left home with her car and several of her guns.Police had already launched a hunt for the two suspects when the attack at the Islamic centre began, and arrived to find three victims with gunshot wounds outside the building. Among the victims was a security guard employed at the centre who police said "played a pivotal role" in ensuring the attack was not "much worse". The guard has been identified locally as dad-of-eight Amin Abdullah.Mr Wahl told a press conference held following the shooting that it was "fair to say his actions were heroic", adding: "Undoubtedly he saved lives today." No further details about the remaining victims have been released.Article continues belowPolice discovered the suspect pair dead from self-inflicted wounds in a car several blocks away from the mosque after receiving a call stating shots had been fired nearby from a vehicle at a landscaper. They have also been named locally, with Clark, the New York Post reports, identified as a "standout wrestler".Choose Daily Mirror as a 'Preferred Source' on Google News for quick access to the news you value.NazisSan Diego Police DepartmentMass shootings
San Diego shooters had Nazi SS logo on petrol can and hate-rant writings in car
The bodies of two suspects believed to have carried out the horror shooting in San Diego on Monday were found in a car containing hate speech documents and a petrol can with Nazi emblem










