Tehran’s latest peace proposal to the U.S. calls for an end to hostilities across the region, including in Lebanon, the withdrawal of U.S. forces from areas near Iran and reparations for damage caused during the U.S.-Israeli war, Iranian state media reported Tuesday.

In Tehran's first comments on the proposal, Deputy ⁠Foreign Minister Kazem Gharibabadi said Tehran also sought the lifting of sanctions, the release of frozen funds and an end to the U.S. naval blockade on the country, according to IRNA news agency.

The terms as described in the Iranian reports ​appeared little changed from Iran's previous offer, which U.S. President Donald Trump rejected last week as "garbage."

Trump said ⁠Monday he had paused a planned resumption of attacks on Iran after Tehran sent a new peace proposal to Washington, and that there was now a "very good chance" of reaching a deal limiting Iran's nuclear program.

Reuters could not determine whether preparations had been made for strikes that would mark a renewal of the war Trump started in late February.