LiveUpdated on: May 19, 2026 8:26:32 AM ISTUS-Iran LIVE Updates: US President Donald Trump said that he has put a "planned attack" on Iran on hold after appeals from Qatar, Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates (UAE). The US president further mentioned that they are "prepared to go forward with a full, large-scale assault" on Iran.Key Events4 Mins agoIran's new offer to US ‘insufficient’, talks ‘through bombs’ could resume, says report51 Mins agoUS proposal on one operational nuclear site57 Mins agoPakistan shares revised Iran proposal with US1 Hr 10 Mins agoOil rises as investors track Iran war developments after Trump holds off attack1 Hr 13 Mins agoTrump says 'very positive development' in peace talks1 Hr 32 Mins agoOil prices fall after Trump calls off Iran strike1 Hr 37 Mins agoUS Iran war news LIVE: Trump likely to meet top national security team today, says report1 Hr 57 Mins agoUS-Iran LIVE Updates: Have vessels been moving through Hormuz? What has traffic been like?US-Iran LIVE Updates: A total of 55 commodity vessels crossed the strategic waterway between May 11 and 17,US-Iran LIVE Updates: US President Donald Trump said that he is holding off the scheduled attacks on Iran at the request of the leaders of Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. However, he said that he has instructed the US military to remain prepared for a full-scale attack on Iran if a deal is not reached.This comes after President Trump turned down Iran's fresh peace proposal to stop ongoing West Asia crisis, saying that it it falls short of expectations and does not represent any meaningful progress towards a deal, reported Axios, citing a senior US official and a source briefed on the matter. Iran says US offered oil waiver Iran's Tasnim news agency reported on Monday that the US had agreed to waive sanctions on Tehran's oil exports during the negotiation period. The oil waiver is among Tehran's key demands to agree to a peace deal and reopen the Strait of Hormuz. However, the US hasn’t confirmed offering a waiver, which would be in place until a final agreement is achieved, according to Tasnim news agency. Pakistan shares revised Iran proposal with US As Baqaei said that its concerns were conveyed to the US by Pakistan, a Reuters report, citing Pakistani sources, said that Pakistan has shared with Washington a revised proposal from Iran to end the conflict in the Middle East. "We don't have much time," the source was quoted as saying, adding that both countries "keep changing their goalposts". Update on Hormuz Traffic through the Strait of Hormuz was slightly higher last week, returning to levels in line with the average recorded since the start of the Middle East conflict after hitting a wartime low. A total of 55 commodity vessels crossed the strategic waterway between May 11 and 17, according to data from Kpler, marking a sharp increase from the previous week, when just 19 vessels crossed. Israel-Lebanon strike Israeli strikes have killed more than 3,000 people in Lebanon since the start of the war between Hezbollah and Israel on March 2, the health ministry said, after an April 17 ceasefire failed to stop the fighting. "The total cumulative toll of the aggression from March 2 to May 18 is now as follows: 3,020 martyrs and 9,273 wounded," the ministry said, with 211 people aged 18 and under and 116 healthcare workers among the dead. ...Read MoreThis comes after President Trump turned down Iran's fresh peace proposal to stop ongoing West Asia crisis, saying that it it falls short of expectations and does not represent any meaningful progress towards a deal, reported Axios, citing a senior US official and a source briefed on the matter. Iran says US offered oil waiver Iran's Tasnim news agency reported on Monday that the US had agreed to waive sanctions on Tehran's oil exports during the negotiation period. The oil waiver is among Tehran's key demands to agree to a peace deal and reopen the Strait of Hormuz. However, the US hasn’t confirmed offering a waiver, which would be in place until a final agreement is achieved, according to Tasnim news agency. Pakistan shares revised Iran proposal with US As Baqaei said that its concerns were conveyed to the US by Pakistan, a Reuters report, citing Pakistani sources, said that Pakistan has shared with Washington a revised proposal from Iran to end the conflict in the Middle East. "We don't have much time," the source was quoted as saying, adding that both countries "keep changing their goalposts". Update on Hormuz Traffic through the Strait of Hormuz was slightly higher last week, returning to levels in line with the average recorded since the start of the Middle East conflict after hitting a wartime low. A total of 55 commodity vessels crossed the strategic waterway between May 11 and 17, according to data from Kpler, marking a sharp increase from the previous week, when just 19 vessels crossed. Israel-Lebanon strike Israeli strikes have killed more than 3,000 people in Lebanon since the start of the war between Hezbollah and Israel on March 2, the health ministry said, after an April 17 ceasefire failed to stop the fighting. "The total cumulative toll of the aggression from March 2 to May 18 is now as follows: 3,020 martyrs and 9,273 wounded," the ministry said, with 211 people aged 18 and under and 116 healthcare workers among the dead. Follow all the updates here:May 19, 2026 8:26:32 AM ISTUS Iran war news LIVE: The White House reportedly believes that Iran's latest proposal to the US to end the ongoing war is not a meaningful improvement and is insufficient for an agreement.The Iranian counter-proposal, sent to the US via Pakistani mediators, offers only token improvements over the previous version, Axios reported, citing a senior US official and a source briefed on the matter. Tehran reportedly submitted its latest 14-point proposal through Pakistan for talks with Washington to end the ongoing war in the Middle East.The new offer was focused on the subject of the negotiations and confidence-building measures by the US. Read full report hereMay 19, 2026 7:39:09 AM ISTUS Iran war news LIVE: Iran's Fars news agency earlier said Washington had presented a five-point list, which included a demand for Iran to keep only one nuclear site in operation and transfer its stockpile of highly enriched uranium to the United States.May 19, 2026 7:33:49 AM ISTUS Iran war news LIVE: As Baqaei said that its concerns were conveyed to the US by Pakistan, a Reuters report, citing Pakistani sources, said that Pakistan has shared with Washington a revised proposal from Iran to end the conflict in the Middle East."We don't have much time," the source was quoted as saying, adding that both countries "keep changing their goalposts".May 19, 2026 7:20:21 AM ISTUS Iran war news LIVE: Global stock markets were mixed Monday and oil prices rose while investors digested shifting developments in the Middle East as US President Donald Trump said he postponed a planned attack on Iran at the request of Gulf leaders.Oil prices had briefly turned lower following an Iranian media report that said American officials had agreed to suspend sanctions against its crude while talks on ending the war continue.But with no confirmation of the report, as well as Iranian statements on taxing travel through the strait, oil prices quickly began rising again.US equity indices gyrated between positive and negative territory, ending the day mixed.May 19, 2026 7:17:06 AM ISTUS Iran war news LIVE: US President Donald Trump said on Monday that there was a "very positive development" in talks with Iran, which allegedly convinced him to postpone a planned military attack on the Islamic Republic."It's a very positive development, but we'll see whether or not it amounts to anything," Trump said during a White House event.He said allies in the Middle East told him "they are getting very close to making a deal" that would leave Iran without nuclear weapons.May 19, 2026 6:58:26 AM ISTUS Iran war news LIVE: Oil prices reduced after US President Donald Trump called off planned strikes on Iran following an appeal by his Gulf allies.West Texas Intermediate for July dropped below $103 a barrel, after rising 3.3% on Monday, while Brent closed above $112.May 19, 2026 6:53:16 AM ISTUS Iran war news LIVE: Even though US President Donald Trump delayed the strikes against Iran following request from the premiers of Saudi Arabia and the UAE, the Republican leader is expected to meet his top national security team in the Situation Room on Tuesday, Axios reported.May 19, 2026 6:33:48 AM ISTUS-Iran LIVE Updates: Traffic through the Strait of Hormuz was reportedly slightly higher last week, returning to levels in line with the average recorded since the beginning of the conflict in the Middle East.Between May 11 and 17, a total of 55 commodity vessels crossed the strategic waterway, according to data from Kpler, marking a significant increase from the previous week, when just 19 vessels passed through the Strait, AFP reported.Home World news US-Iran LIVE Updates: US agrees to waive Iran oil sanctions; Pakistan sends new Iranian peace proposal to Trump