President Donald Trump abruptly announced Monday that he has called off new strikes on Iran scheduled for Tuesday due to requests from Saudi and Emirati leaders amid negotiations.He said in a Truth Social post Monday afternoon that he instructed military leaders “that we will NOT be doing the scheduled attack of Iran tomorrow, but have further instructed them to be prepared to go forward with a full, large scale assault of Iran, on a moment’s notice, in the event that an acceptable Deal is not reached.”Trump had not previously publicly talked about any planned strikes for Tuesday, though he has repeatedly threatened to restart offensive military operations against Iran in light of the stalled negotiations.
The president did not specify how long he would give the negotiations before ordering the “large scale assault” or whether this was a legitimate plan and not an elaborate ruse to push the Iranians to be more willing to make concessions.
He said the leaders of Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates asked him to “hold off on our planned Military attack on the Islamic Republic of Iran, which was scheduled for tomorrow, in that serious negotiations are now taking place, and that, in their opinion, as Great Leaders and Allies, a Deal will be made, which will be very acceptable to the United States of America.”










