A heartbroken mum said her six-year-old son unexpectedly collapsed in her arms but sadly later died - she revealed how two passers-by jumped in to help try and save her boy12:49, 18 May 2026A six-year-old boy tragically died in his mum's arms while on their way to a walk-in centre, despite the help of two heroes who tried to save the child.‌Leo Timney-Peers was described as a being "full of life" by his heartbroken mum Keeley Timney, who also shared how her beloved son collapsed in her arms, while walking to medics. The mum said her son had been ill all day on Thursday, May 14, before she decided to take him to a walk-in centre, but he collapsed as they walked in St Helens, Merseyside. Keeley said she started performing CPR on the six-year-old before two passers-by, a man and a woman, heroically jumped in to help the 20-year-old mum try and resuscitate her.‌An ambulance then arrived and rushed Leo to Whiston Hospital, but despite the best efforts of those involved he died later that day.‌Keeley, speaking to the Liverpool Echo, said: "Everyone tried their best when it happened. A man and woman were going past and they jumped in to help no questions asked. There were quite a few people surrounding us to try and help me while Leo was in the back of the ambulance.‌"Everyone tried their best but there was nothing that anyone could say to make it better. We still don't know why this happened."Paying tribute to her only child, the mum added: "He was just full of life from the minute he woke up to when he went to bed. He was bouncing off the walls and he was just a gorgeous character. Everyone loved him and he was always smiling. He always has the kindest heart and he was just amazing."Keeley, who works as an ancillary carer and lives in Parr, added: "He was kind-hearted, outgoing, and beautiful inside and out. He always tried to make people happy, if anyone was upset he was upset."‌A GoFundMe page has been set up to help the mum and her family pay for Leo's funeral, with the family still waiting for answers as to what caused the boy's death. The mum also told the Echo: "I am absolutely devastated. I don't think it will ever feel real. It's just mental, he was perfect and he didn't deserve this. It's absolutely awful."Keeley also shared an emotional message on the fundraiser, and said: "We unfortunately lost our gorgeous boy Leo on the 14th May. Anyone who knew him knew that he was the most beautiful boy. He had a smile that could light up any room he walked on. He never failed to make us smile every single day. He had the most kindest heart.‌"We are setting this up to give our boy the send off he deserves. He deserves the whole entire world and we can only try to give him that. Any contribution whether that be sending money or just simply sharing is appreciated very much. Thank you for reading. Let's give my gorgeous baby the best, because he genuinely was the best."Following Leo's death, his school, Broad Oak Primary School, closed to all pupils on Friday in memory of the boy. A spokesperson for St Helens Council said: "We are deeply saddened by the loss of a child at Broad Oak Primary School, and our thoughts are with the family and the wider school community."The headteacher has closed the school today out of respect for the family and the devastating grief they face, felt also by pupils and staff."Article continues belowMerseyside Police last week said: "We can confirm that emergency services were in attendance following the death of a child in St Helens yesterday, Thursday, May 14. At around 4.50pm we received a call that a six-year-old boy had collapsed on Parr Street and a passer-by carried out CPR until emergency services arrived at the scene."Sadly the child was pronounced deceased at hospital and his family is being supported. A post-mortem will be carried out to establish the full circumstances and cause of death and enquiries are ongoing."To donate to the GoFundMe appeal, visit this link.