DUBAI: Iran is focused on ending the war at this stage, Iran’s foreign ministry spokesperson Esmaeil Baqaei said on Monday, as it had responded to a new US proposal aimed at ending the war and exchanges were continuing despite Iranian media reports describing Washington’s demands as excessive.

“As we announced yesterday, our concerns were conveyed to the American side,” Baqaei said during a press briefing.

He said exchanges were “continuing through the Pakistani mediator,” without providing details.

Baqaei also said that Iran was in continuous contact with Oman and all relevant parties to discuss the Strait of Hormuz mechanism.

Iranian and Omani technical teams met last week in Oman to negotiate a mechanism for safe transit in the Strait of Hormuz, Baqaei said.