TUNIS: Search and rescue operations were ongoing on Saturday after a boat carrying 15 irregular migrants capsized off the coast of Tunisia, an official told local media. National Guard spokesman Houcem Eddine Jebabli, speaking to Mosaique FM radio, said the boat sank 14 nautical miles off the coast of Zarzis overnight Friday to Saturday, and that one person had been rescued so far. The national guard did not say whether there were any confirmed deaths.

At least 13 Tunisians are missing after a migrant boat sank off the Tunisian coast while sailing towards Italy, and two people were rescued, the head of a migrant rights group…

Thousands of people have died since 2014 trying to cross the Mediterranean Sea and reach Europe.