BAGHDAD: The US military is on track to pull all of its forces out of Iraq by the end of September, officials said Wednesday, marking the end of a presence that started with the 2003 invasion against Saddam Hussein. Washington and Baghdad agreed in 2024 to wind down the much smaller US-led operations against the Daesh group. US troops pulled out of bases in most areas of Iraq last year but maintained a presence in the semi-autonomous northern Kurdish region. Bases there have regularly come under attack since the US and Israel launched the war on Iran on Feb. 28.

Iraqi government spokesman says 'work is proceeding' to meet deadline

DUBAI: Iraq’s government has confirmed that the US-led military coalition is preparing to withdraw its forces from the Kurdistan region and transfer bases to Iraqi forces before a…