PARIS: Briton Oscar Onley, who finished fourth in the race last year, has been forced to pull out of next month’s Tour de France due to a shoulder injury, his team said on Thursday. Onley, who has had a season disrupted by injuries and illness, dislocated his shoulder in a crash during the Tour Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes earlier this month. He crashed over a safety barrier on a speedy descent and was saved from a fall down into a ravine when he was caught in the branches of a tree,. “Further medical investigations have confirmed a significant shoulder injury,” Netcompany Ineos said in a statement.

The Briton’s absence is a huge blow to Netcompany-Ineos, who had been hoping to build on his fourth-place finish last year

Stay up to date with notifications from The IndependentNotifications can be managed in browser preferences.Jump to contentThank you for registeringPlease refresh the page or…