TEHRAN — Iran's army warned on Tuesday it would "open new fronts" against the United States if it resumes attacks, after President Donald Trump sai...

US President Donald Trump said he was planning a major new assault on Iran on Tuesday, but held off as he saw hope for securing a so far elusive agreement to end the war.

President Trump threatens a new military strike on Iran, holding off at the request of Gulf allies as serious negotiations over the conflict continue.

Iran has used the ceasefire as an opportunity "to strengthen its combat capabilities", says an army spokesman.