US President Donald Trump said on Monday he had paused a planned attack against Iran after Tehran sent a peace proposal to Washington, and that there was now a "very good chance" of reaching a deal limiting Iran's nuclear program.

US President Donald Trump said leaders from Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the UAE had urged him to delay the attack because they believed a deal could still be reached.

US President Donald Trump on Monday confirmed that the United States had been preparing to launch a military attack on Iran on Tuesday, but said he had decided to halt the…