KARACHI: Sindh Information Minister Sharjeel Memon on Saturday said the provincial government was “fully mobilized” to deal with the impact of floods in southern Pakistan, where nearly 1.6 million people and over 1,600 villages are at risk. The deluge, fueled by record monsoon rains and excess water released from upstream India, has created crisis conditions in the country’s most populous Punjab province since Monday, where the trans-boundary Chenab, Ravi and Sutlej rivers have submerged about 2,300 villages and killed at least 30 people.

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan’s national disaster authority said on Wednesday 210,000 people had been evacuated from flood-hit areas as the army expanded its rescue and relief operations in…

Some 200,000 people have been evacuated after authorities warned of flooding from three rivers.