Police are pursuing leads after renowned South African boxer Zolani Tete was ambushed and killed at his Mdantsane home, while a woman travelling with him remains hospitalised with gunshot wounds.
Eastern Cape police have rejected social media posts claiming that suspects in the killing of 38-year-old well-known boxer Zolani Tete have been arrested as “false and unfounded.”
Tete was killed outside his home in Mdantsane in the Eastern Cape on Friday night as he sat in his car waiting for the gate to open.
On Friday, IOL reported that Eastern Cape police spokesperson Brigadier Nobuntu Gantana said police were investigating a case of murder and attempted murder after the shooting at NU17 at about 6.30pm.
She said the 38-year-old had been arriving at his house when two armed men wearing balaclavas got out of a vehicle and opened fire on him and a 27-year-old woman in the car with him.












