STOCKHOLM: One person died and three were wounded after a sword-wielding attacker entered a high school in the town of Fagersta in central Sweden Friday, police said, adding the suspect had been arrested.
Local police chief Tommy Alriksson told journalists that one person had been found dead after police entered the school, having shot and arrested the assailant.
“Our current assessment of injuries is that there are three wounded people and one deceased,” Alriksson told journalists, adding that two had been seriously wounded and a third had lighter injuries.
Alriksson said the arrested suspect was an 18-year-old man. Police were working on establishing a motive, but that they had no reason to believe there were multiple perpetrators, he added.
“It is a very serious and deeply shocking incident,” Fagersta mayor Asa-Marta Sjostrom told reporters alongside Alriksson.










