LiveLive Updates August 21, 2026Share to FacebookShare to XArticle printing is available to subscribers onlyPrint in a simple, ad-free formatSubscribeComments: Zen reading is available to subscribers onlyAd-free and in a comfortable reading formatSubscribeAugust 21, 2026UpdatesTurkey asks Interpol to enforce arrest warrant against NetanyahuTurkey has asked Interpol to enforce an arrest warrant issued against Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in November, Justice Minister Akın Gurlek said Friday.Last month, Turkey issued another warrant against Netanyahu and the Justice Ministry is now seeking to have an Interpol red notice issued against him. A Red Notice is a request to law enforcement agencies worldwide to locate and provisionally arrest a person pending extradition or other legal action.The move is aimed at encouraging authorities in countries other than Turkey to arrest Netanyahu. However, even if Interpol issues such a notice, it does not automatically require any country to arrest him.In November, Turkey issued arrest warrants on charges of genocide and crimes against humanity against 37 senior Israeli officials, including Netanyahu, National Security Minister Itamar Ben-Gvir, Defense Minister Israel Katz, IDF Chief of Staff Eyal Zamir and Navy Commander David Salama. The Turkish Justice Ministry did not identify the other 32 Israelis targeted by the warrants, but said they were also senior officials. All 37 would be at risk of arrest if they entered Turkey.Read the full articleIDF: Palestinians threw rocks at Israelis; ‘security official opened fire’ and hit PalestiniansThe Israeli military said Friday that its soldiers were dispatched to the area near the West Bank village of Sa'ir, north of Hebron, after receiving a report that Palestinians were throwing rocks at a group of Israeli civilians who were in the area without prior authorization."Israeli civilians were injured as a result of the rock throwing," the military said. "A security official opened fire in the area, and there are Palestinian casualties as a result of the shooting."The IDF also said it received a separate report of a structure under construction being set on fire, adding that firefighting crews worked to extinguish the blaze. Soldiers dispersed the confrontation and removed the Israeli civilians from the area, it added.The military said the presence of Israeli civilians in the area without prior coordination and authorization "endangers the civilians and diverts the soldiers' efforts away from defensive and counterterrorism activities."Police from the Judea and Samaria District were at the scene with IDF soldiers, collecting evidence and testimonies as part of an investigation, the military said.The IDF did not comment on reports that the gunfire killed a 17-year-old Palestinian and seriously wounded a man in his 70s, or provide further details about the incident.Read the full articleBelgium joins ten countries condemning Israel's E1 West Bank settlement plansBelgium on Friday condemned Israel's plans to advance construction in the E1 settlement area of the West Bank, saying the move threatens the prospects for a two-state solution and violates international law.Germany, Canada, France, Italy, Norway, New Zealand, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, Sweden and Belgium said in a joint statement that Israel's decision to issue tenders for construction in E1 is "unacceptable.""The E1 settlement will compromise the prospects for a two-state solution by dividing the West Bank and undermining Palestinian territorial contiguity," the countries said, adding that "Israeli settlements in the West Bank are illegal," a position they said is upheld by the international community and reaffirmed by the UN Security Council.A map of the E1 area.A map of the E1 area.The countries also warned that the decision was particularly concerning amid "unprecedented levels of settler violence against civilians" and serious restrictions on the Palestinian economy in the West Bank.They urged Israel to immediately withdraw the construction plans and halt settlement expansion, warning that the measures would further distance the parties from peace and "continue to weaken Israel's standing on the international stage."The statement also urged companies not to bid on the construction tenders, warning them of "legal and reputational consequences," including the risk of becoming complicit in serious violations of international law.Belgian Foreign Minister Maxime Prévot said on X that Belgium had joined the countries that consider Israel's decision "contrary to international law" and said it "jeopardizes the hope for peace between Israelis and Palestinians."🇵🇸🇮🇱 (EN/FR/NL) Belgium joins the countries that find it unacceptable that the Israeli authorities have taken a decision contrary to international law, a decision that jeopardizes the hope for peace between Israelis and Palestinians.