Six people face charges of alleged incitement to violence with a racist motive, membership of a criminal organisation and other offenses over a self-styled “anti-Zionist patrol” by far-left activists in Thessaloniki this summer.
Greece has seen a string of protests targeting groups of Israeli visitors on cruise ships, and even harassment or violence against individual Israelis, following the war in Gaza. This spurred the Tourism Ministry to insist last week that Israelis are safe in Greece.
A police statement Friday said five men and one woman, all Greeks aged 21-46, were identified by the northern port city’s special squad against racist and extremist violence, following an investigation ordered by prosecutors.
It said the suspects, on the night of June 27, “carried out a racially-motivated march through the city center and later posted a text, photographs and video about it on various social media.”
The statement did not provide further detail on the incident.






