Get the latest news and updates from Dawn

QUETTA: At least four labourers were killed and three others injured in a blast in Balochistan’s Mastung district, while two other people were shot dead, the police said on Friday.

The incident occurred in the Garo area of the Khud Kocha sub-tehsil late on Thursday night — the same area where the provincial home minister Zia Ullah Langove survived an armed attack last week, in which nine people, including six security guards were injured.

According to sources, a blast took place late on Thursday night, killing four people and injuring three others. A senior police officer of the area’s police station confirmed the blast and casualties.

“Four labourers lost their lives and three other people received injuries in the blast which took place last night,” he said. However, he noted that the nature of the blast was unknown.