US President Donald Trump has rejected Ukraine’s request to use Starlink to guide drone strikes against Russian military targets inside Russia, the Financial Times reported Friday, citing people familiar with the matter. The appeal came during a late-July meeting at the White House, when President Volodymyr Zelensky reportedly asked Trump to intervene with Musk, the owner of SpaceX, which operates Starlink.JOIN US ON TELEGRAMFollow our coverage of the war on the @Kyivpost_official. Kyiv wants to hit Russian missile launchers Zelensky wants Ukrainian long-range drones to use the satellite network to more accurately target Russian military sites, particularly mobile ballistic missile launchers and related infrastructure located up to 200 kilometers (124 miles) from Ukraine’s border. The request is aimed in part at reducing Russia’s ability to launch ballistic missiles at Kyiv and other Ukrainian cities, while easing pressure on Ukraine’s increasingly limited stock of Patriot air-defense interceptors. Trump reportedly said he would consider the request but made no commitment to support it. The FT now reports that he did not back the proposal. Musk has already blocked Starlink strikes Musk is also refusing to grant Ukraine permission to use Starlink inside Russian territory, The Atlantic previously reported. SpaceX currently allows Ukraine to use Starlink on Ukrainian-controlled territory, including Russian-occupied areas such as Crimea, but blocks the network inside Russia. Ukrainian long-range drones therefore rely on alternative navigation systems, including AI-based technology, when operating across the border.
Trump Rejects Push to Give Ukraine Starlink for Long-Range Strikes on Russia – FT
Kyiv says the satellite network could help target Russian ballistic missile launchers more precisely as Ukraine faces dwindling Patriot interceptor stocks ahead of winter.












