Sydney Swans coach Dean Cox and captain Callum Mills have addressed reporters amid the scandal that has engulfed the club this week.Five players - Isaac Heeney, Nick Blakey, Chad Warner, Riley Bice and James Jordon - have been stood down by the Swans for breaching the club's standards on drinking and staying out late following last Sunday's win over Essendon in Melbourne.Mills said he was "deeply shocked and disappointed" by the scandal and said he had not witnessed anything like this behaviour before."We really are disappointed at the action of these five players," he said."As a playing group, we fully support the club's decisions on the sanctions handed down."Getty Images/ Darrian TraynorMills said the five players would have to address the playing group, but there was no rift among the players.Cox confirmed he was not in the room at the centre of the scandal, but would not be drawn on whether other staff members or players were present.Both men refused to answer specific questions about the events that took place in the hotel room, saying they were the subject of a police investigation.Cox was also pressed on the club's decision to have the five suspended players driven back to Sydney from Melbourne, rather than flown. He said: "Decisions were made [as to] how we best support our players within the circumstances that happened."Cox admitted the club's previously acclaimed culture had "taken a hit" as a result of the scandal."Our culture isn't perfect," he said."We're going to work through as hard as we possibly can to get the trust back from the community, to get the culture where we desire to be, where we once had been."(Clockwise from top left) James Jordon, Riley Bice, Nick Blakey, Chad Warner and Isaac Heeney have been stood down.ABC / SUPPLIEDBoth Cox and Mills apologised to the club's AFLW team, with Mills saying he had addressed the group personally."I acknowledged their pain and I deeply apologised for the actions of a few within our group," he said.Cox added that he hoped the supporters would still come out in force for the double-header at the SCG this weekend."I hope our fans stand by us and our club is united, our playing group is united, between both programs," he said."We want to show that on Sunday."Sydney's men's team rounds out its home and away season with a clash against North Melbourne on Sunday afternoon at the SCG, a match preceded by an AFLW match between Sydney's women's team and Essendon's women's team at the same venue.- ABC News
Swans captain Callum Mills denies rumours of rift with banned teammates amid scandal
Sydney Swans coach Dean Cox and captain Callum Mills have addressed reporters amid the scandal that has engulfed the club this week.










