Max Verstappen has ended speculation over his future by re-signing with Red Bull. Getty ImagesShow caption: Max Verstappen has ended speculation over his future by re-s…Four-time world champion has been linked with a move to reigning constructors' champions McLaren and MercedesThe NationalAugust 20, 2026Max Verstappen has signed a new contract with Red Bull, ending months of speculation about the Dutchman's Formula One future.The four-time world champion has been linked with a move to reigning constructors' champions McLaren and Mercedes.The 28-year-old was set to be out of contract in 2028 but his new deal takes him up to the end of the 2030 season. Clauses in his previous contract allowed him to leave at the end of the current season had he wanted."We have the best people and I'm excited to keep working together with everyone to get back to the top again," said Verstappen."This remains the ultimate goal that all of us have been working towards and will continue to pursue."I have always said it: the team is like a second family for me and I feel very at home."I came to the team hoping to be able to win races. What we went on to achieve together has been simply lovely and we have shared many incredible moments and won four World Championships."To continue this journey with the same team that I have been with my whole career is really special and something I have always wanted to do."Verstappen's new deal keeps him in the sport for the first campaign of the next regulatory set.Verstappen has been highly critical of the new power unit regulations so far this season.Updated: August 20, 2026, 7:18 AM