Turkish Culture and Tourism Minister Mehmet Nuri Ersoy said Friday that the Gaziantep Archaeology Museum has reopened to the public following renovations that included redesigned display cases, pedestals and exhibition spaces in line with modern museum practices.
In a post on his NSosyal account, Ersoy said comprehensive reinforcement, repair and renovation work had been carried out at the museum following the Feb. 6, 2023, earthquakes.
The museum underwent extensive restoration, including ground surveys, structural and roof reinforcement, interior and exterior renovations and the redesign of exhibition spaces, Ersoy said.
“The Gaziantep Archaeology Museum has reopened its doors to visitors following a redesign of its display cases, pedestals and exhibition spaces to reflect modern museum practices,” Ersoy said, thanking the General Directorate of Cultural Heritage and Museums, as well as experts, teams and other officials involved in the project.
According to a statement from the ministry, the Gaziantep Archaeology Museum, located in the Şehitkamil district, consists of three blocks.






