The board of the Financial Markets Authority (FMA) has launched a new probe into its outgoing chief executive.The FMA board said it commissioned an independent employment investigation on Tuesday, "concerning matters relating to" Samantha Barrass, with Paul Wicks KC to lead the investigation."This investigation is separate from the conduct and culture review being undertaken by MBIE (Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment)," a statement released by the FMA board said."No findings or conclusions have been reached at this stage, and the FMA cannot provide further detail at this time, for privacy reasons."Barrass - who had already announced plans to depart - went on leave after the FMA board became aware of "cultural concerns" at the country's financial markets regulator in July.Days later, MBIE announced it had started an investigation into workplace conduct and culture at the FMA.The Shareholders Association previously voiced concerns about apparent issues at the FMA."We did hear and did receive information relating to some pretty systemic cultural issues at the FMA," association chief executive Oliver Mander told RNZ in July.The latest announcement marks the continuation of a turbulent period for the FMA.Barrass' departure came after the resignation of chairperson Craig Stobo, after an independent review found his public commentary failed to meet the standards of political neutrality.