LiveLive Updates August 11, 2026Share to FacebookShare to XArticle printing is available to subscribers onlyPrint in a simple, ad-free formatSubscribeComments: Zen reading is available to subscribers onlyAd-free and in a comfortable reading formatSubscribeAugust 11, 2026UpdatesThree Israeli civilians detained by IDF soldiers after crossing into Syria from Mount HermonThree Israeli civilians crossed into Syrian territory from the Mount Hermon area overnight Tuesday before being located and returned by Israeli soldiers, the military said.The civilians were handed over to the Health Ministry for further processing.The IDF condemned the crossing, noting that the intrusion disrupted operational activities and endangered troops in the area. Military authorities called on law enforcement to bring those responsible to justice and prevent similar criminal trespasses.Trump flew secretly from Turkey due to Iranian threat, the Washington Post reportsU.S. President Donald Trump departed on a secret military flight from Turkey last month when the White House said he was flying aboard Air Force One, an extraordinary move prompted by an Iranian assassination threat, the Washington Post reported Monday.Trump had taken the newly renovated Qatari-donated jet to Ankara for the NATO summit but he unexpectedly used an older Air Force One when departing the country, a move that prompted questions about the newer plane's security.The trip to NATO was the first international travel for the new plane, whose speedy upgrades triggered questions over its cost and security, and took place as hostilities escalated with Iran, which borders Turkey.Before departing Ankara, Trump said on Truth Social that he would use an older baby blue Air Force One plane "for old time's sake" ⁠to RAF Mildenhall in Britain while the new plane stopped at the same base so U.S. service members stationed there could tour the aircraft.After Trump boarded the old Air Force One in front of cameras in Ankara, he was secretly shuttled by an airport catering truck to a smaller plane, an Air Force C-32A, the Post reported citing a U.S. official familiar with the operation and corroborating material it reviewed.The deception operation was triggered by a credible threat to Trump, the Post reported. A similar operation had taken place in 2000, when President Bill Clinton used an unmarked executive jet to fly into Pakistan while sending his formal Air Force One as decoy.On this occasion, the journalists who thought they were traveling with Trump on the older Air Force One, which was effectively used as a decoy, reported being advised to keep their window shades in the press cabin closed. The Post said aside from reporters, some White House staff also believed that the president was on board.When asked later by reporters why they had to keep their shades shut during the flight, Trump said it was because they were "probably on a dangerous flight." He went onto say: "But if I go, you go. Right?"The C-32A carrying Trump flew to Britain, arriving at around 10:20 p.m. with the older Air Force One and media, arriving minutes later, the Post reported. It was not clear, the paper said, how Trump was moved from the C-32A back to the older Air Force One.Trump's traveling press pool reported he climbed down the stairs of the older Air Force One at 10:56 p.m. local time. He gave press a peace sign but didn't walk over to talk to them. He then spent some time greeting service members before walking to the new, Qatar-donated plane.When asked for comment on the revelation of a secret flight on a third plane, the White House provided a statement from Communications Director Steve Cheung saying the Qatari-donated jet has been fitted with high-level security protocols that ensure the safety of the president and his staff."As the President has said recently, there are many enemies of America who have their sights on him, and we use every tool at our disposal to address those threats," Cheung said. It was the same statement provided to the Post.The Pentagon did not immediately respond to a request for comment.Trump says the U.S. has swept Strait of Hormuz for minesPresident Donald Trump said on Monday that the United States controls the Strait of Hormuz and had swept the strategic oil waterway for Iranian mines."Look, the only one that has control of the Strait of Hormuz right now is the United States Navy," Trump told reporters in the Oval Office. "We've mine-swept the entire strait."Trump demands Iran's compensation for war casualties, protesters as part of dealU.S. President Donald Trump said Iran must pay compensation for "all ‌of ⁠the ‌people that they have killed and ⁠gravely wounded," saying he instructed his negotiators to include the demand in future talks.Reacting to Iranian demands for Washington's compensation for the damage caused by U.S. strikes, Trump wrote on his Truth Social platform that it is "an interesting idea because now I am likewise demanding compensation from Iran."According to him, Iran must pay compensation "for all of the people that they have killed and gravely wounded with their roadside bombs and many conflicts" and protesters Tehran killed "over the last 50 years, not to mention the 52,000 that have been killed in the last five months."Trump added that he has "instructed my representatives to put this firmly into any, and all, future negotiations."RECAP: Defense minister posts snuff footage; settlers attack Haaretz crewHere are Monday's latest updates:■ Defense Minister Israel Katz released campaign videos, including one touting the displacement of tens of thousands of Palestinians from the West Bank and another showing snuff videos of Israeli airstrikes from the country's recent wars.■ U.S. President Donald Trump said Iran must pay compensation for "all ‌of ⁠the ‌people that they have killed and ⁠gravely wounded," saying he instructed his negotiators to include the demand in future talks.■ The Iraqi government denied having prior knowledge or information regarding the Saudi-U.S. plan to attack the Iran-backed Popular Mobilization Forces headquarters at the end of July, as Iraqi security forces are still instructed to secure air defense systems amidst fears of pro-Iranian militia retaliation.■ The Colombian government has recognized Israel's sovereignty over the Golan Heights, which Israel occupied in the 1967 war, becoming the second country to do so other than the United States.■ Israeli settlers blocked Haaretz journalists from reaching a Palestinian home in the West Bank village of Qusra, in the yard of which settlers built an outpost overnight, and attacked a reporter and photographer as they tried to reach the isolated property.■ The Iran-aligned Houthis and the military of the internationally recognized government of Yemen have been trading strikes, according to local reports, with government forces shelling missile launch sites and Houthi forces launching drones at the port city of Mocha.■ Einav Zangauker, who led the hostage families' campaign while her son was held captive by Hamas, said on Monday that Democrats chairman Yair Golan had offered her a reserved spot on the party's election slate before reneging on the commitment.In the NewsMan Hospitalized in Israel Over Suspected Ebola InfectionIsraeli Airlines Seize Their Opportunity as Foreign Airlines Slow to ReturnThe Dark Tech Running Israel's Election CampaignsTwo Wounded in Israeli Drone Strike on Lebanese Ambulance, Health Ministry SaysShin Bet Chief Urges Israel to Hold 1,700 Palestinian Bodies as Bargaining ChipsRemembering and rebuilding two years laterICYMIIsrael's Leading Philosopher on Manipulation, Morality and the Future of Zionism50 Years Ago, a Young Israeli Was Crowned the Most Beautiful Woman in the WorldIsrael Captured 230 Square Miles of Lebanon, Razed Villages and Built New BasesHow a Teen, Not a Journalist, Debunked Israel's Gaza 'Voluntary Emigration' Plan'I Saw Pictures of Dead Kids. In the Army They Told Us We Only Kill Terrorists'Who Is Rebeca Grynspan, the Jewish Frontrunner to Become the Next UN Chief?