One person died during a fire incident on Thursday night at Manguo village in Nyahururu.‎‎ Over 50 families were rendered homeless after the fire that broke out in one of the wooden houses spread quickly and consumed their homes.‎‎According to residents, the fire reportedly started with a gas explosion.‎"We heard a blast from one of the houses and fire broke out. It then spread to other houses," said Jane Gitonga.‎She stated that one individual who was unable to escape her house was burnt to death.‎"We did not rescue her. We are still in shock," she noted.‎She also mentioned that they couldn't salvage anything as the fire spread rapidly due to strong winds.‎"By the time the firefighters arrived, all our houses had been burnt. We are now left homeless," she added.‎Igwamiti MCA Irene Wachuka has since called for assistance to support the affected families.‎"It is a sad incident. I am in contact with the county government to see how we can support them. Any help from well-wishers is, however, welcome," she said.‎Nyahururu police boss Isack Kimtus stated that police are investigating the cause of the fire.‎"Our officers are on the ground, and we will soon know what caused the fire incident," he said.‎