Lebanon university postpones exams after Israeli strike kills students

June 02, 2026 14:09

BEIRUT: Lebanon’s public university said on Tuesday it was postponing some examinations after two students and their father were killed while returning to south Lebanon after sitting exams a day earlier.

The state-run National News Agency (NNA) said a dentist from the border village of Qlayaa “was killed with his son and daughter when an enemy drone targeted his car on the Nabatieh-Khardali road” on Monday.

Father Antonios Farah, a priest for the Qlayaa parish where some people are still holding out despite sweeping Israeli evacuation orders to leave, told AFP the man had been returning home with his son and daughter, both in their early 20s.