May 24, 2026 | 12:12 pm
TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - Nasire Best, the man who was shot dead by a Secret Service agent in the incident of a shooting outside the White House on Saturday, May 23, 2026, had previously attempted to enter the White House, according to court records.As reported by CNN, the 21-year-old man had also previous encounters with the US Secret Service. This includes an incident where he was involuntarily hospitalized in a mental institution and another incident where he was arrested by local police when he claimed to be Jesus Christ.Meanwhile, Best's social media contained a post that appeared to threaten violence against President Donald Trump and another post where he wrote, "I'm actually the son of God."The Secret Service said that agents shot a man - identified as Best by law enforcement sources speaking to CNN - when he approached a checkpoint outside the White House. He then began shooting at officers. Another civilian was shot in the crossfire.Trump, who was at the White House at the time, was unharmed.Officers had encountered Best near the White House several times last summer, according to a court filing. The report mentioned that he was "known to the Secret Service" for "walking around the White House complex asking about ways to enter at various entry points."He was involuntarily committed to a mental hospital on June 26, 2025 for "obstructing vehicle entry" into part of the White House complex, according to court documents.On July 10, 2025, Best disregarded warning signs and walked into a restricted area outside the White House, according to the filing, where several officers confronted him. Best claimed to be Jesus and said "that he wanted to get arrested," according to the report.Read: Chronology of the White House ShootingClick here to get the latest news updates from Tempo on Google News










