US President Donald Trump announced Saturday that a draft framework for an agreement with Iran, which would include the reopening of the Strait of Hormuz, has been “largely negotiated” and is “subject to finalisation”.
In a post on Truth Social, Trump said that the final aspects and details of the deal are being discussed and will be announced “shortly”.
“In addition to many other elements of the agreement, the Strait of Hormuz will be opened,” the US president announced.
Trump said he had a “very good call” with leaders of Saudi Arabia, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, Pakistan, Turkey, Egypt, Jordan and Bahrain, in another sign of the prevailing influence of Gulf countries and other regional actors in convincing Trump to both stop further strikes and end the war altogether, as well as a separate call with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, which “went very well”.
Earlier on Saturday, the Associated Press quoted a regional official with direct knowledge of the Pakistan-led mediation efforts saying the US and Iran were closing in on a deal which would include an official declaration of the war’s end, with two-month negotiations on Iran’s nuclear program.










