Medical staff wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) carry a patient on a stretcher at the hospital in Rwampara, DR Congo, on May 21, 2026. Photo: AFP
Uganda said on Saturday it had confirmed three new cases of Ebola, bringing to five the total since the virus outbreak was discovered in the East African country on May 15.
“Three new cases of the Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) have been confirmed in the country,” the health ministry said, naming the patients as a Ugandan driver, a Ugandan health worker and a woman from the neighbouring Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), the epicentre of a deadly outbreak sowing fear in the region.
“The ministry continues to strengthen surveillance, case management, contact tracing and public awareness efforts to contain the outbreak and protect the health and safety of all Ugandans,” it said in a statement on X. Related News Kano expands health insurance to inmates, HIV, hypertensive patients Lack of spinal cord treatment centre decried One in four people will develop cancer in lifetime — Oncologist
The news came a day after the World Health Organisation said the risk from the outbreak had been raised to the highest level for the DRC.










