Gio Reyna is headed back to the World Cup.The U.S. men’s national team players were informed Friday if they were selected to coach Mauricio Pochettino’s 26-man roster. And Reyna, who was a part of the 2022 World Cup team but was nearly sent home from the tournament due to behavioral issues, has been selected, multiple sources tell The Athletic. An official squad announcement is planned for Tuesday afternoon in New York City.Reyna was previously dubbed a “special situation” by Pochettino due to his potential, skill and ability despite the lack of regular playing time, which has set him apart from how he and others in the U.S. player pool have been judged.Reyna, 23, played just 509 Bundesliga minutes for Borussia Mönchengladbach this season, though he appeared in each of their last five league matches and scored one goal to close out the campaign. He has nine goals in 36 caps and was selected to the most recent USMNT camp in March.“I’m just hoping and waiting for the call-up, it would be an honor,” Reyna recently told media. “The national team means a lot to me. … I’d love to be there, have an impact on the team. It would be a dream to represent my country at the World Cup.”Midfielder Sebastian Berhalter was also included on the roster, sources said. Berhalter became one of Pochettino’s favorite players, filling a big role for Pochettino at last summer’s Gold Cup. He was subsequently called into camps in September and November 2025 and March 2026.Berhalter is the son of former U.S. men’s national team coach Gregg Berhalter.While there was controversy around the Reyna and Berhalter families coming out of the 2022 World Cup, the program seems to have moved forward. Gregg Berhalter called Gio Reyna into multiple camps after being re-hired as U.S. coach, including the 2024 Concacaf Nations League and the Copa América, while Sebastian Berhalter and Reyna have been teammates at multiple camps.