SummaryRubio confirms that there's been no deal and that "we're not there yet" - amid broader late morning pushback against morning optimistic, premature headlines.Saudi sources report Pakistan army chief & a Qatar delegation en route to Tehran, only for CBS to cite Pakistan Foreign Ministry which says "not aware" of Field Marshal Munir's visit.Influential Iranian parliament member threatens 'preemptive' military action if preparations & movements by US forces in region is perceived. US x Iran permanent peace deal by June 15, 2026?
Yes 40% · No 61%View full market & trade on Polymarket Pakistan FM: "Not Aware of Any Visit" to Iran by Army ChiefIn a quick market update, Newsquawk says risk-off as reporters push back on optimistic geopolitical reporting + Rubio says not there on Iran deal.And this bit of serious contradiction of earlier reports, via CBS:Pakistan's Foreign Ministry spokesman Tahir Andrabi said Friday that he was "not aware of any visit right now" when asked about reports by Iranian state media since Thursday that Army chief Field Marshal Syed Asim Munir, a key mediator between Iran and the U.S., was expected in Tehran."I am sure this will be announced in due course, if it is to be announced. I can neither confirm nor deny it now," Abdrabi said."As regards the details of any agreement, our consistent position on this matter is that we do not talk of specifics. As a mediator and as a facilitator, it is the inherent ingredient of our mandate that we remain quiet on the individual positions and the process — also not ascribe any adjective to the process i.e. fast, slow, medium," said Adrabi, adding that he would "stick to this consistent position."Pakistan, Qatar Delegations En Route to TehranDespite the attempts of some regional outlets to spin a narrative of imminent peace (which we saw yesterday), a senior Iranian source told Reuters on Thursday that "no deal had been reached with the US" - though he did also claim that "gaps had narrowed" - somewhat in line with the optimistic narrative.The Islamic Republic is reportedly still reviewing the latest peace blueprint handed down by the Trump administration. However, this is the latest from a Wall Street Journal correspondent:Source tells me the draft “deals” circulating are inaccurate.













