LONDON: Britain’s Prince William on Friday said his wife Catherine, popularly known as Kate, was “edging herself back into doing more” overseas trips following her cancer diagnosis in 2024.
William, 43, told Heart radio’s breakfast show that the Princess of Wales was “buzzing” after her visit to Italy earlier this month, her first foreign visit since the diagnosis.
“She’s been through so much in the last couple of years, particularly, and she’d been looking forward to the Italian trip a lot, and so I’m really glad it went really well.”
Kate, 44, announced she was in remission from cancer in January 2025 and has gradually returned to public duties since then.
“She’s an amazing mum, an amazing wife, and literally our family couldn’t cope without her,” William told the radio show, speaking from the Isles of Scilly off the Cornish coast in southwest England.









