TEL AVIV, Israel (AP) — U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio said Friday there was "slight progress" during talks with Iran amid uncertainty about whether a deal will be reached or war will resume.
WATCH: Trump says he's in 'no hurry' to make an Iran deal
He spoke days after U.S. President Donald Trump said he was holding off on a military strike against the Islamic Republic because "serious negotiations" were underway. Trump has been threatening for weeks that the ceasefire reached in mid-April could end if Iran does not make a deal, with shifting parameters for striking such an agreement.
Rubio spoke ahead of a meeting of NATO foreign ministers in Helsingborg, Sweden, where the military alliance is expected to discuss what role it could play in helping police the Strait of Hormuz once the war is over.
Rubio said he did not want to exaggerate the progress, saying there had been "a little bit of movement and that's good." He said the conversations were ongoing. In recent weeks there have been repeated claims of progress, but a deal has stayed out of reach.












