Dubai's private schools currently cater for close to 23,000 pupils. Hamad Al Kaabi / UAE Presidential CourtDubai's private schools currently cater for close to 23,000 pupils. Hamad Al Kaabi / UAE Presidential CourtSheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed, Crown Prince of Dubai, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defence, directed the moveThe NationalMay 22, 2026HeadphonesBookmarkSheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed, Crown Prince of Dubai, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defence, has directed there be no increase in private school fees in 2026/27 in the emirate.The move came a day after Dubai approved a Dh1.5 billion ($400 million) economic incentive package to support the city's business and tourism sectors at a time when demand has fallen due to the Iran war.“Dubai’s private school sector continues to demonstrate flexibility and resilience in adapting to evolving developments, ensuring continuity of learning through a flexible and sustainable regulatory framework that strengthens the sector’s stability and competitiveness," said Shamma Al Mansouri, director of licensing and educational services at the Knowledge and Human Development Authority, Dubai's education authority."This further reinforces Dubai’s position as a leading global destination for quality education, in line with the goals of Dubai’s Education 33 Strategy.”Dubai remains committed to ensuring the stability and sustainable growth of the private education sector while balancing the interests of all stakeholders and supporting families, added Ms Al Mansouri.Dubai's private schools currently cater for close to 23,000 pupils, according to the emirate's media office.She said around 9,000 new affordable school places were introduced during the current academic year.The sector is also preparing to add approximately 7,500 more affordable school places over the next two academic years through incentive packages for education providers, she added.More than 95 per cent of students are currently attending on-site learning at private schools, reflecting the sector’s strong educational and operational readiness, despite the disruptions caused by the recent Iranian attacks which began on February 28.The government previously mandated that the education sector shift to remote learning at the beginning of March, after the start of the Iran war.Schools and nurseries across the Emirates began reopening their doors on April 20, with strict safety rules in place.However, another attack from Iran at the beginning of the month led to another spell of remote learning, before in-class teaching resumed on May 11.Updated: May 22, 2026, 12:47 PMMost popular today12345678910