Stephen Colbert's Final Guest Is...After a running bit teasing who his last guest could be, "Late Show" host Stephen Colbert sat down to interview storied Beatles singer Paul McCartney. McCartney appeared onstage and presented Colbert with a photo of The Beatles playing at the Ed Sullivan Theater years ago. It wasn't clear, however, if McCartney was officially Colbert's final guest or one of a series of prominent figures stopping by to pay tribute to the late-night host throughout the show. Latest Live UpdatesKey MomentStephen Colbert Bids Farewell To 'The Late Show'Stephen Colbert said farewell to “The Late Show” on Thursday with a poignant send-off that included cameos from prominent figures – and some pointed digs at Paramount and CBS.While Colbert ended the program on a largely joyful note – and never mentioned President Donald Trump by name – he did include a running bit about a black hole/interdimensional portal that took aim at CBS’s parent company and news coverage of the administration.Read more:Colbert Appears To Cheekily Stick CBS With The Bill On His Way Out“Late Show” host Stephen Colbert repeatedly needled CBS during his final show – and seemingly stuck the network with the bill for one of his music choices.During a segment called “Meanwhile,” as Colbert ran through various news stories that occurred during the week, he referenced lawsuits that had recently been filed by the owner of music from “A Charlie Brown Christmas” and other “Peanuts” specials.“Anyone illegally using that music is going to have to pay through the nose,” Colbert said as the “Late Show” house band began playing “Linus and Lucy,” one of the instrumental themes from “Peanuts.”“Is the band right now playing the same 'Peanuts' music that I just said people were being sued for, for using without permission?” Colbert asked. “Is that what they're doing?“Oh no, I hope this doesn't cost CBS any money!” he quipped while looking directly at the camera.Organic Ice Cream Brand Issues Recall On Flavors Sold In 17 StatesStraus Family Creamery, a company that sells organic ice cream, has issued a voluntary recall of certain ice cream flavors distributed to retailers in 17 states due to the potential presence of metal, a press release stated.The company, which initiated the recall last week, said it was recalling a “small number of production runs” of the following ice cream flavors: vanilla bean, strawberry, cookie dough, Dutch chocolate and mint chip. Read more:In Defiance Of Trump, Iran And Oman Discuss Launching Fee System For Strait Of Hormuz: NYTIran and Oman are reportedly in talks to develop a system of charging fees to ships passing through the Strait of Hormuz.Iran’s newly formed Persian Gulf Strait Authority (PGSA) took to X on Wednesday to share a map highlighting “the regulatory jurisdiction for the management” of the strait. Anyone who passes through this area must coordinate and receive authorization from the PGSA, it said.According to The New York Times, these discussions not only disregard the Trump administration’s warnings against enacting such a payment system but also indicate that the talks to end the U.S. war on Iran are not progressing.In recent months, President Donald Trump has nixed the idea of paying tolls to Iran to travel through the strategic waterway. He did suggest that the U.S. could set up a payment system for passage through the Strait and then share the revenue. However, Secretary of State Marco Rubio dismissed the idea.Read more in The New York Times:House Republican Says Jan. 6 Insurrection Was 'Staged' And 'Made Up'House Rep. Ralph Norman (R-S.C.) baselessly claimed that the Jan. 6 insurrection on the Capitol was “made up” when asked whether he supported giving federal payouts to people who had assaulted police.“Look, January 6 is an issue that was made up in the first place,” Norman said. “That was a staged thing from day one.”When reporters asked if the Republican lawmakers who fled from the mob were acting, Norman maintained his position. “There was a riot there, but it was a self-made riot by members who hate Trump. It was made up, in my opinion,” Norman said. More than 140 police officers were injured when people stormed the Capitol on January 6, 2021, after President Donald Trump repeatedly questioned the 2020 election results. Norman was among those who condemned the insurrection at the time, releasing a statement saying, "This is utterly unacceptable. This is NOT who we are, and I condemn in the STRONGEST possible terms the actions of rioters who have breached the Capitol Building."Democrats have slammed the possibility that January 6 rioters convicted of assaulting law enforcement could receive money from a new $1.8 billion “weaponization” fund that the Trump administration has established.Norman's remarks come the same day Alabama Sen. Tommy Tuberville (R) spouted off Jan. 6 conspiracy theories on the Senate floor, claiming that Speaker emerita Nancy Pelosi “spearheaded” the insurrection.Newsom Signs Order Protecting Workers Displaced By AI After Massive Meta LayoffsCalifornia Gov. Gavin Newsom signed an executive order aimed at mitigating the negative impacts of artificial intelligence on workers a day after Meta laid off thousands of employees as it adapts to the artificial intelligence boom. The order calls on the state to consider policies that would support workers laid off by AI, including severance standards, employment insurance and transition support. “California has never sat back and watched as the future happened to us – and we won’t start now. We have taken the lead on advancing innovation, safety, and transparency. But we must think bigger,” Newsom said in a statement. “This moment demands that we reimagine the entire system — how we work, how we govern, how we prepare people for the future — and that work is starting right here in the Golden State.”“Today is just the first step as we rewrite policy and direction, creating a future of work that works for all," he continued.Rep. Pat Ryan: Republicans Are 'Chickenhawk Motherf**kers' For Pulling War Powers VoteRep. Pat Ryan (D-N.Y.) skewered Republicans, calling them "chickenhawk motherfuckers," on Thursday after GOP leaders pulled an Iran war powers resolution off the floor when it became apparent they didn’t have enough votes to block it."These chickenhawk motherfuckers are going to send us home for Memorial Day weekend, where I'm going to honor my fellow veterans that I served 27 months in combat with, and they are going to not even give an up or down vote on continuing this war, almost three months in, while Americans are paying almost $5 a gallon at the pump," Ryan said outside the Capitol."It is fucking pathetic," he continued. "They use this procedural bullshit argument, and every American should just be absolutely outraged about this. It's a disgrace."Missing GOP Congressman Gives First Interview In Weeks, Says He's Running For ReelectionRep. Thomas Kean Jr., the New Jersey Republican who's been absent from Congress for months under mysterious circumstances, gave his first interview in weeks Thursday, saying he expects to be back at work soon and is still running for reelection.“I anticipate that in the next couple of weeks, I’ll return to voting and to the campaign trail,” he told the New Jersey Globe.Kean, 57, said he would soon disclose details about an illness that's been keeping him from work, noting his prognosis is positive and isn't expected to have any long-term impacts on his health.“My doctors are confident that I’m on the road to a full recovery,” he said. “I understand the need for public transparency, and I appreciate the support of my constituents.”Kean, who hasn't cast a vote since March 5, said last month he was dealing with a “personal medical issue" but was scant on details. His 91-year-old father, former N.J. Gov. Thomas H. Kean, has been among those giving updates on the congressman's status.“This won’t linger," his father told CNN last week. "It’s not some kind of disease that’s going to incapacitate him in the future. The consensus is that he will be 100% OK.”GOP Punts On War Powers Vote Amid House Floor Clusterf**kHouse Republican leaders pulled an Iran war powers resolution off the floor late Thursday because it appeared they didn’t have enough GOP votes to block it.Making matters more embarrassing, their decision to prevent a vote on the war powers measure came after six Republicans joined Democrats in tanking another GOP bill, the Smithsonian American Women’s History Museum Act.Had Republicans let the war powers vote happen, it would have been the fourth time Democrats forced a vote on ending the Iran War – and apparently the first time it would have passed. The vote is now postponed to June, when Congress returns from its weeklong Memorial Day recess.“Mike Johnson has cemented his legacy as the speaker who handed the most corrupt president ever complete control over the House,” Rep. Greg Casar (D-Texas), chairman of the Congressional Progressive Caucus, said in a statement. “Republicans can run from Trump’s disastrous war, but they can’t hide.”Other Democrats, like Rep. John Larson (D-Ct.), fumed about GOP leaders’ “cowardice” at reining in President Donald Trump's war with no end in sight. Only Congress has the authority to declare wars, and Trump has blown past his statutory 60-day limit for having the ability to carry out military operations without congressional approval.“U.S. servicemembers have died, and families are being squeezed at the gas pump, but Republicans will do anything to keep Trump’s war games going at taxpayers’ expense,” he said in a statement. “He is not above the law! When will Republicans remember their oath to the Constitution?”Trump To Send Additional 5,000 Troops To Poland After BacklashPresident Donald Trump announced Thursday that the U.S. would send an additional 5,000 troops to Poland after the recent election of Polish President Karol Nawrocki.Trump’s announcement, made via Truth Social, arrived just two days after the Trump administration received criticism for a delay in the deployment of troops to Poland. Trump has previously threatened to reduce troops in Europe as NATO declined to support the Iran war, but Vice President JD Vance said it was “a very small and very minor thing.”The administration received backlash for the move, which also came just after the U.S. removed 5,000 of about 33,000 troops from Germany. See All Updates