TAIPEI, Taiwan — Taiwan’s presidential office said Friday that it had not received any information about the U.S. adjusting military sales, after a senior U.S. official suggested there was a pause due to the need to have enough arms for the war with Iran.
Taiwan, a self-ruling island that China views as its own territory, has been waiting for the U.S. to approve a new arms sale package that Reuters has reported could be worth up to $14 billion.
However, U.S. President Donald Trump said following a summit with Chinese leader Xi Jinping in Beijing last week that he was undecided on whether to approve it.00:59Trump says he and Xi talked "a lot" about Taiwan00:0000:00
On Thursday, U.S. Acting Navy Secretary Hung Cao was asked at a Senate Appropriations Defense Subcommittee hearing about future arms sales to Taiwan.
”We have done some foreign military sales to them. It’s just right now we’re doing a pause in order to make sure we have the munitions we need for Epic Fury — which we have plenty,” he said, referring to the U.S. operation against Iran.










