This is AI generated summarization, which may have errors. For context, always refer to the full article.

CEASEFIRE. People gather after a two-week ceasefire in the Iran war was announced, in Tehran, Iran, April 8, 2026.

via REUTERS

US Secretary of State Marco Rubio says a diplomatic solution would become unfeasible if Iran pushes through with plans to impose tolls in the Strait of Hormuz

WASHINGTON/DUBAI – The United States and Iran remained at odds on Thursday, May 21, over Tehran’s uranium stockpile and control of the Strait of Hormuz, although US Secretary of State Marco Rubio said there had been “some good signs” in ongoing talks.