In his evening address on Wednesday, President Volodymyr Zelensky revealed that Moscow is weighing new threats against Ukraine’s north, including the Chernihiv and Kyiv directions. “We discussed what is currently happening in the direction of Belarus and Russia’s Bryansk region,” Zelensky said. “It is from there that the Russians are considering scenarios for additional attacks on Ukraine.”JOIN US ON TELEGRAMFollow our coverage of the war on the @Kyivpost_official. Ukraine is already reinforcing the area, Zelensky said, adding that the military command has received relevant instructions. The most revealing part of the address, however, was the Ukrainian leader’s tone. “Frankly, we are tired of this constant threat to Ukraine – that at some point they may try to drag Belarus into an expansion of the war,” he said. “They must understand the consequences for themselves. They will be significant.” The Four-Year Sword Over Ukraine’s North The “Belarus option” is not new. It has been hanging over Ukraine since the first days of Russia’s full-scale invasion, when Russian troops used Belarusian territory to drive south toward Kyiv, Bucha, Irpin and Chernihiv. Since then, Belarus has functioned as a permanent threat on Ukraine’s northern flank. Even when Alexander Lukashenko’s own forces have stayed out of direct ground combat, Belarusian territory has remained useful to Moscow – as a launchpad, a pressure point and a psychological weapon.
Zelensky Warns Moscow Over Threats From Belarus
Warning of Russian offensive scenarios from Belarus, Zelensky revealed that Ukraine is executing “preventive measures” – keeping the exact details under wraps.












