According to the ministry, the released funds cover 50 per cent of approved outstanding obligations for 2025, while arrangements were ongoing to settle the remaining balance.
The Federal Ministry of Education has announced the commencement of payment of outstanding allowances owed to Nigerian students studying abroad under the Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Programme following months of protests, hardship complaints and public outrage by affected scholars.
In a statement issued on Wednesday, the Federal Government said funds had already been released and remitted through the Central Bank of Nigeria to Nigerian embassies and foreign missions for immediate disbursement to beneficiaries in partner countries.
According to the ministry, the released funds cover 50 per cent of approved outstanding obligations for 2025, while arrangements were ongoing to settle the remaining balance.
The Minister of Education, Maruf Tunji Alausa, said affected students are expected to begin receiving payments immediately through the relevant embassies.










