Two men were jailed for a total of 64 years today for murdering an innocent woman in a drive-by shooting at a wake and injuring two more people.Mother-of-two Michelle Sadio, 44, was gunned down outside a wake at the River of Life Pentecostal Church in Willesden, North West London, on December 14, 2024.Following an Old Bailey trial, Perry Allen-Thomas, 27, and Amir Salem, 20, were found guilty of murder and two counts of attempted murder.This afternoon, Mrs Justice McGowan sentenced Allen-Thomas to a minimum term of 38 years and Salem to at least 26 years. She said what had started out as a 'happy, family orientated' occasion turned into a 'terrible tragedy'. Even though children were present, the senior judge said: 'This was not a shooting intent or intending to kill children – the murderers simply did not care who was killed.'Ms Sadio had been among around 100 mourners, including children as young as five, to attend the wake for Dianne Boatong, 80.At around 9pm, guests were outside on the pavement when a black Kia pulled up and shots were fired into the crowd. Ms Sadio, a legal administrator, was hit and died at the scene.Transport for London contractor Kenneth Amoah, 39, was hit in the back and paralysed below the waist, and self-employed Kadeem Francis, 32, was shot in the foot. Mother-of-two Michelle Sadio, 44, was gunned down outside a wake in a church in LondonPerry Allen-Thomas (left) will serve at least 38 years in jail and Amir Salem (right) 26 years The black Kia car (centre of road on right) at the moment of the drive-by shooting in 2024 A still from Metropolitan Police bodyworn camera footage of the arrest of 20-year-old SalemThe intended target was said to have been a rapper called Trapstar Toxic, real name Adetokunbo Ajibola, 33, who was at the event.During the sentencing hearing today, Jean-Marie Sadio, the widower of Ms Sadio, told her murderers 'it is not too late' for them to change.He also described his wife, who he worked with at the same legal firm, as a 'pillar'.In a statement read to the court, Mr Sadio said: 'The ones who were behind what happened that night can never know what they have done. I have forgiven them because the future has to be my focus for the sake of my children.'I cannot have our son and daughter growing up with hatred in their hearts and bitterness for something they don't have any power to fix.'Addressing the defendants in the dock, he said: 'Today, you stand guilty before all but, most importantly, you stand forgiven. Do not burden yourself with guilt but an unquenchable and determined desire to change. If you succeed in this, you would have repaid society.'Mr Sadio said it was too late for his family but not too late for the defendants, saying: 'Amir and Perry, please use time to reflect, choose wisely and become – become the dream your parents and loved ones always longed for you to be. Their pain must also be unspeakable.'Prosecutor Crispin Aylett KC told the court that Allen-Thomas has previous convictions dating back to his teenage years, mostly involving drugs.The offences included a drug possession and a violent disorder offence from Notting Hill Carnival.Salem, who was 18 at the time of the shooting, had no previous convictions, the court was told. A still from Metropolitan Police bodyworn camera footage of the arrest of Allen-Thomas CCTV of Salem buying petrol used to torch a Kia car which was used in the drive-by shooting The burnt-out Kia car used by Allen-Thomas and Salem, who were found guilty of murder A petrol can used by Allen-Thomas and Salem to torch a Kia car following the shootingAllen-Thomas, from Wembley, was said to have helped organise the shooting but ensured he was elsewhere at the time.The Kia used in the attack had been stolen and was being driven with false number plates.Salem, also from Wembley, had bought some of the petrol used to set the vehicle on fire after the shooting, jurors heard.On the night of the shooting, Salem was in contact with the Kia occupants and reported back to Allen-Thomas, jurors were told.At least four shots were fired, although it was not known who in the Kia pulled the trigger.The prosecution had alleged two of the men in the Kia had fled the country after the incident.The weapon used in the shooting had been used twice before in the previous few months, and was said to be a 'gang gun'.In one of the earlier incidents, the occupant of a car opened fire on a group of males outside a pizzeria, discharging 11 rounds and hitting one person in the ankle.There was no suggestion the defendants were involved.During the trial, the defendants denied being involved in any way or knowing anything about the incident.
Two men who gunned down mother-of-two outside wake are jailed
The murderers of mother-of-two Michelle Sadio, who was gunned down at a wake, have been jailed for life in London, with Perry Allen-Thomas handed a minimum term of 38 years and Amir Salem 26 years.








