The Union Health Ministry on Wednesday convened a high-level review meeting to assess India’s preparedness against Ebola Virus Disease (EVD), days after the World Health Organization declared the disease a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC).Officials in the health ministry said that no case of Ebola has been detected in India so far, and urged people not to panic.“India remains fully vigilant and prepared to respond swiftly to any emerging situation,” the Ministry said in a statement.The meeting, chaired by Union Health Secretary Punya Salila Srivastava, was attended by all state health Secretaries.The States and UTs have been directed to ensure readiness at all levels. The Centre has already circulated detailed Standard Operating Procedures covering airport and port screening, quarantine protocols, case management, referral pathways, and laboratory diagnostics. Designated health facilities have been put on alert, with an emphasis on coordinated surveillance and timely reporting of any suspected cases.All concerned ministries and departments have been sensitised and are working in close coordination with the Health Ministry on preventive and surveillance measures.Officials pointed to India’s track record in handling the 2014 Ebola outbreak in West Africa, when the country successfully implemented similar precautionary measures without recording a single case.The government advised citizens to follow official health advisories and updates, while reiterating that the current measures are precautionary in nature and not a response to any confirmed domestic threat.