The group of leading tennis players pushing for increased prize money and other reforms at the Grand Slams will stage a media protest at the French Open.At the Italian Open earlier this month, stars like Aryna Sabalenka and Coco Gauff suggested that players could boycott one of the four biggest events in tennis at some point. At Roland Garros, where the second Grand Slam of the year starts Sunday, May 24, players will not go to those lengths, but they will walk out of their pre-tournament news conferences after 15 minutes, a source briefed on the group’s plans, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to protect relationships, said Thursday.Players across the draw will also refuse interviews with French Open media and the tournament’s primary rightsholders, TNT Sports and Eurosport. They will only conduct flash interviews with broadcasters after matches in order to avoid being fined, as first reported by The Guardian.In response to the players’ plans, an FFT spokesperson said via text message Wednesday that: “We regret the players’ decision, which impacts all of the tournament’s stakeholders: the media, broadcasters, the FFT and the entire tennis community, all of whom follow each edition of Roland-Garros with great enthusiasm.“The FFT recognises the importance of the players’ contribution to the tournament’s success, and wishes to maintain close ties with them. In early May, it proposed a meeting that will take place on Friday 22 May with some of their representatives.