RIYADH: Saudi Arabia highly appreciates US President Donald Trump’s decision to give diplomacy a chance to reach an acceptable agreement to end the war on Iran, the Kingdom’s Foreign Minister said on Wednesday.

In a post on X, Prince Faisal bin Farhan said: “The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia highly appreciates the US President Donald Trump’s decision to give diplomacy a chance to reach an acceptable agreement to end the war, restore the security and freedom of maritime navigation in the Strait of Hormuz to its state prior to February 28th 2026, and address all points of contention in a way that serves the security and stability of the region.”

The minister’s comments came after Trump said on Monday he was holding off a military attack on Iran planned for Tuesday at the request of Gulf states as “serious negotiations are now taking place.”

In a post on Truth Social, he said he had been asked to do so by the leaders of Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and the United Arab Emirates.

The minister added that the Kingdom “looks forward to Iran seizing the opportunity to avoid the dangerous implications of escalation.”