Emergency services were called after concerns were raised for a women’s welfare at around 5.45am on Wednesday, before the bodies of three women were pulled from the water by Brighton beach15:51, 20 May 2026Updated 15:54, 20 May 2026Three women whose bodies were tragically recovered from the sea off Brighton beach have been named by police.‌They are sisters Jane Adetoro, 36, Christina Walter, 32, and Rebecca Walter, 31, from the Uxbridge area of London, Sussex Police said.‌Their father Joseph said his heart as "full of sorrow". In a moving tribute he said: "No words can truly describe the pain of losing three daughters in the prime of their lives. Jane, Christina, and Becky were more than daughters to me; they were my joy, my strength, and the beautiful light that filled our family with happiness and love.‌"Each of you was unique and precious in your own special way. Your smiles brightened dark days, your laughter brought comfort, and your presence made life more meaningful. Though your time on earth was short, the impact you made will remain in our hearts forever."Jane, your strength and loving spirit will never be forgotten. Christina, your kindness and beautiful heart touched so many lives. Becky, your warmth and joyful soul brought happiness wherever you went. You were deeply loved, and you will always be deeply missed."The tragedy of losing all three of you has left an emptiness that words cannot heal. There are days when the grief feels unbearable, yet I hold tightly to the memories we shared — the laughter, the conversations, the love, and the bond that death can never take away.‌"Though you are no longer here beside us, your spirits live on in our hearts every day. Love like yours never dies. You will forever remain a part of our lives, our prayers, and our memories."Emergency services were called after concerns were raised for a woman's welfare at around 5.45am on Wednesday, before three bodies were pulled from the water near Brighton's Madeira Drive.A major police investigation was launched to identify the women and understand the circumstances of their deaths. Earlier today, investigators said they were working on a number of theories about how they died.‌Locals in Brighton fear the women may have been swept away from the shore after paddling out to sea and falling off a coastal shelf into deeper water.Police and coastguard officials were stationed along the seafront and on the shingle beach during the morning on Wednesday, where a lifeboat could be seen out at sea and a helicopter was flying overhead. The sea appeared choppy, with waves crashing against the marina wall.In a statement on Wednesday evening Sussex Police Chief Superintendent Adam Hays had repeated that the priority had been to identify the women.‌“I understand the impact this tragic incident has had on the local community and more widely," he said. “This is a sensitive investigation and we know the public are keen to understand the full circumstances."But our priority at this time is identifying these three women and locating their families, who at this point remain unaware they have lost loved ones. I would ask for people’s patience while we conduct these enquiries and to avoid speculation while this is ongoing.”The leader of Brighton and Hove City Council, Bella Sankey, said her heart went out to the women's families.Article continues belowIn a statement, she said: “I am shocked and deeply saddened to hear of the deaths of three women off the Brighton coast this morning. My heart goes out to the friends and family of these women, and on behalf of Brighton and Hove I send sincere condolences.“I would also like to thank the emergency services for their quick response and combined efforts; it is heartbreaking that their recovery efforts have ended in such tragic circumstances.”