NewsWorld newsHolidaysNicole Mason-Price, 35, said her husband Shawn was "super embarrassed" as his family cheered him on as he did his part getting a space amid the sunbed wars15:20, 20 May 2026Family cheer on dad as he secures sought after sunbedsVideo captured the moment a family cheered on their dad as tourists "pushed, swore and shouted" to get a pool spot in sunbed wars.Nicole Mason-Price, 35, watched on from her balcony with daughter Nevada as the father braved the morning sun-longer rush. Shawn, 34, joined an eager queue at 8am following a breakfast pep talk from his wife. Despite the pool not opening until 9am, tourists waited to grab a spot and lined up from as early as 7:45am."People push, swear and shout and claim more sunbeds than they should which causes arguments," Nicole, from the West Midlands, saidREAD MORE: Little-known seaside resort with 8-mile beach and £39 UK flightsREAD MORE: Tourist praises hotel for taking action against guests who 'hog empty sunbeds'She told Jam Press: "We sent my husband to queue around 8am. The man next door came onto his balcony when he heard the shouting and joined in cheering on my husband. My husband was super embarrassed as we were all cheering."The family of three were staying at the Golden Donaire Beach Hotel in La Pineda, Tarragona, Spain. Having witnessed the sunbed wars early on in the holiday the trio usually skipped the arguments and headed straight down to the beach. However, on Saturday, May 16, their four-year-old wanted to use the pool so Shawn braved the morning rush.To keep his spirits high, his wife and daughter cheered on from the balcony, with a neighbour also joining in. The hotel itself has put rules in place to prevent the dreaded sunbed wars - which is totally ignored by holidaymakers according to Nicole.She said: "The 'rules' are that you cannot leave your sunbeds with towels for longer than 15 minutes unoccupied. But people leave them for hours whilst they're having breakfast and other people actually throw their towels into the pool if they haven't returned."Article continues belowIt comes after a German dad took legal action following a five-star hotel for a sunbed has hit out tourists who claimed the loungers at dawn before vanishing for hours after he took legal action. David Eggert, 48, sued his holiday tour operator after he claimed his children were left lying on concrete by the pool after every one of the 400 sunbeds at the luxury Greek island resort had been reserved by hotel guests claiming their spots with towelsThe pilot paid more than £6,200 to take his wife and two children on holiday to Kos in 2024, and this month he won £770 after successfully bringing legal action against the travel company.Choose Daily Mirror as a 'Preferred Source' on Google News for quick access to the news you value.HolidaysSpain
Family cheer on dad as tourists 'push and swear' to get spot in sunbed wars
Nicole Mason-Price, 35, said her husband Shawn was "super embarrassed" as his family cheered him on as he did his part getting a space amid the sunbed wars







