May 20, 2026 — 3:25pmFormer Woolworths boss Brad Banducci has abruptly stepped down as chief executive of Ticketek after little more than a year in the top job following the loss of multiple lucrative clients.Banducci, who had an eight-year tenure as Woolworths chief executive before taking the ticketing job in April 2025, told staff at Ticketek Entertainment Group on Wednesday that he would leave at the end of this month.Under Banducci’s brief term, Ticketek lost a handful of some of its most valuable contracts including a deal with Venues NSW reportedly worth about $100 million, which is now held by rival Ticketmaster.Ticketmaster is owned by the multinational behemoth Live Nation, which also runs tours for many of the world’s biggest artists. Earlier this year, Ticketek also lost its contract with Melbourne Park, which covered tickets for events at Rod Laver Area and other key venues in the Tennis precinct.“When I joined the group just over a year ago, I came in to do a specific role - to set the group up for the next horizon of growth,” Banducci said. “I felt the time was right to transition leadership of the group.”Cameron Hoy, the company’s chief operating officer, will take over as chief executive from June 1.Banducci paid tribute to Hoy and said he would lead the company’s next chapter.Hoy said the company “exists to partner with the world’s best venues, promoters and rights-holders to connect fans to the moments that matter most and I am honoured to lead such an entrepreneurial business and team”.Banducci left Woolworths in 2024 after a period of intense scrutiny on the sector, which included him walking out of an interview with the ABC’s Four Corners in the middle of questioning about competition and pricing.More to come.The Business Briefing newsletter delivers major stories, exclusive coverage and expert opinion. Sign up to get it every weekday morning.Elias Visontay is a National Consumer Affairs Reporter at The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age.Connect via email.From our partners
Former Woolworths boss abruptly steps down from Ticketek
Brad Banducci led the ticketing company for a little over a year, during which it lost multiple major venues in Sydney and Melbourne.











