Briefing the Council, UN official Kayoko Gotō said Russia had carried out one of the largest aerial bombardments of Ukraine since the start of the full-scale invasion in February 2022. Between May 13 and 14, Russia reportedly launched more than 1,500 drones and dozens of missiles at Ukrainian cities across the country, she said.JOIN US ON TELEGRAMFollow our coverage of the war on the @Kyivpost_official. The deadliest strike hit a nine-story apartment block in Kyiv’s Darnytskyi district on May 14, killing 24 people, including three girls aged 12, 15 and 17. At least 48 others, including two children, were injured. Gotō said at least 238 civilians were killed and 1,404 injured in Ukraine last month — the highest monthly civilian casualty figure recorded since July 2025. Since February 2022, the UN Human Rights Office has verified at least 15,855 civilians killed in Ukraine, including 791 children, and 44,809 injured, including 2,752 children. The actual figures are likely significantly higher, she said. Humanitarian Workers Targeted The UN also raised alarm over attacks on humanitarian workers. Officials said clearly marked UN vehicles had been struck by drones in Kherson and Dnipropetrovsk regions last week, despite humanitarian missions being notified to the parties in advance. “Civilians across Ukraine cannot wait for a political breakthrough to be protected and to have their basic needs met,” an OCHA official told the Council, urging respect for international humanitarian law, safe evacuations, humanitarian access and urgent funding.