A massive overnight Russian drone strike partially destroyed a multi-story residential building in Konotop, Sumy Oblast, injuring at least six people and prompting an urgent search-and-rescue operation for residents feared trapped beneath the debris, local officials said. Konotop Mayor Artem Semenikhin said Russian forces targeted civilian infrastructure in the city, with the strike causing part of the high-rise to collapse.JOIN US ON TELEGRAMFollow our coverage of the war on the @Kyivpost_official. “Behind me is a multi-story building. Part of it is gone. And there are people there,” Semenikhin said in a video address posted on social media. Due to a lack of ambulances, the injured are being transferred to the hospital in civilian vehicles, Semenikhin added. According to the mayor, there were “many” people injured in the attack. Emergency teams were working at the scene to clear rubble and search for possible survivors. Semenikhin also said the district hospital was damaged, with windows blown out. Administrative buildings, private homes and apartments across the city also sustained damage, with numerous windows and doors shattered. The mayor added that a local museum had been destroyed. The strike on Konotop came amid a wider wave of overnight Russian attacks on Ukrainian cities. Russian forces also struck Dnipro in the early hours of Wednesday, injuring five people and sparking a fire in the city, according to local reports. Russia has repeatedly targeted civilian infrastructure across Ukraine with drones and missiles throughout its full-scale invasion, despite denying that it deliberately attacks civilians.
Russian Strike on Konotop High-Rise Leaves Residents Feared Trapped Under Rubble
At least six people were injured as rescuers continued searching for residents after part of a residential building collapsed in Sumy Oblast.











