LiveLive Updates May 19, 2026Share to FacebookShare to XArticle printing is available to subscribers onlyPrint in a simple, ad-free formatSubscribeComments: Zen reading is available to subscribers onlyAd-free and in a comfortable reading formatSubscribeMay 19, 2026UpdatesPotential NATO mission in Strait of Hormuz is political decision, top commander saysTop NATO commander Alexus Grynkewich said on Tuesday that a potential mission of the military alliance in the strait of Hormuz would be a political decision."The conditions under which NATO would consider operating in the Strait of Hormuz are ultimately a political decision," Grynkewich said, speaking in Brussels where he met with military chiefs from NATO countries3 hours agoTrump says Iran wants deal with U.S., but threatens 'another big hit' U.S. President Donald Trump, speaking to reporters on Tuesday, said Iran is "begging to make a deal," but threatened that the U.S. may "have to give them another big hit." Trump: "They're begging to make a deal. I hope we don't have to do the war, but we may have to give them another big hit. We may have to give them another big hit. You'll know very soon.""You'll know very soon," he said, adding that he was "an hour away" from striking Iran on Monday. Read the full articleIsraeli court orders transfer of 11 Gaza aid flotilla ships to Israel for confiscation An Israeli court ruled that 11 vessels that were intercepted during a raid on the Global Sumud Flotilla in October must be transferred to the State of Israel.The Haifa District Court sided with state prosecutors, who argued that the vessel's owners had not responded to the confiscation request.The Global Sumud Flotilla has repeatedly tried to reach the Gaza Strip, in violation of Israel's naval blockade imposed on the enclave. The State Attorney's office said, "The vessels attempted to breach the maritime blockade as part of a large-scale flotilla. The request was filed in accordance with international law and the Naval Prize Act, which grants the state the authority to seize and confiscate vessels attempting to violate a lawful maritime blockade."U.S. sanctions disrupt 'hundreds of billions' of dollars of illicit Iranian cashflows, Treasury Secretary saysU.S. Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent said that U.S. economic sanctions imposed on Iran amounted to "a financial stranglehold on the world's leading state sponsor of terrorism.""We have disrupted tens of billions in the regime's projected oil revenue," Bessent said at a conference titled "No Money for Terror.""We have taken actions to freeze nearly half a billion in regime-linked cryptocurrency, and disrupted hundreds of billions in Iran's illicit financial flows," the secretary continued. "And we have intensified our crackdown on Tehran's shadow banking networks," he added."As the regime confronts the wreckage of its military, Treasury will remain relentless in our pursuit to constrict the network of vessels, intermediaries, and buyers through which Iran exports both its oil and malevolence."Report: Gulf states say they were unaware of Trump's planned attack on IranSeveral Gulf states said they were unaware of U.S. President Donald Trump's planned attack on Iran on Tuesday, after the president said he had postponed the strike at the Gulf states' request, official sources told the Wall Street Journal.Trump said Monday that he had postponed the attack on Iran scheduled to take place on Tuesday at the request of Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates because "serious negotiations are now taking place." He also claimed that Israel and other countries in the region had been informed of the attack's postponement.President Donald Trump's Truth Social post Credit: Screen shot from Truth SocialPresident Donald Trump's Truth Social post Credit: Screen shot from Truth SocialLikud lawmaker Gotliv charged for disclosing Shin Bet official's identityLikud MK Tally Gotliv, in the Supreme Court, earlier this year. Credit: Itai CohenLikud MK Tally Gotliv, in the Supreme Court, earlier this year. Credit: Itai CohenIsrael's attorney general filed an indictment on Tuesday against Likud lawmaker Tally Gotliv, accusing her of disclosing classified information by revealing the identity of a Shin Bet security service officer.The indictment stems from a social media post in which Gotliv identified the partner of prominent protest leader Shikma Bressler as serving in the agency.The indictment follows a July announcement by prosecutors that they intended to charge Gotliv under Israel's Shin Bet law, pending a hearing. Gotliv, who did not appear for questioning in the case, said she also would not attend the hearing.Read the full articleHundreds of Gaza aid flotilla activists detained by Israel, organizers sayHundreds of activists on board the Gaza aid flotilla were detained by Israeli forces and are being taken to an Israeli port, the flotilla's organizers said.Activists and pro-Palestinian supporters hold flares outside the foreign ministry, after flotilla aid vessels bound for Gaza were intercepted by Israeli forces in the eastern Mediterranean, in Athens, Greece, on Monday. Credit: Louisa Gouliamaki/ REUTERSActivists and pro-Palestinian supporters hold flares outside the foreign ministry, after flotilla aid vessels bound for Gaza were intercepted by Israeli forces in the eastern Mediterranean, in Athens, Greece, on Monday. Credit: Louisa Gouliamaki/ REUTERSThe Global Sumud Flotilla, which is trying to break Israel's blockade of the Gaza Strip, said it "received confirmation that hundreds of civilian participants abducted during yesterday's illegal high-seas Israeli naval assault are currently being forcibly transported by Israeli occupying forces to a port in occupied Palestine."In their statement, the group called for "the immediate, unconditional release of all our participants, alongside the more than 9,000 unjustly detained Palestinian political prisoners facing a codified regime of state-sanctioned terror."Israeli strikes reported in southern Lebanese villages without prior noticeAn Israeli drone strike hit a vehicle in the southern Lebanese town of Hannawiyah, reports said.After emergency services had arrived at the scene, a second Israeli strike hit the area, the reports said.Most of Tuesday's strikes in southern Lebanon were not mentioned in the IDF's evacuation order, issued earlier. Strikes were also reported in Maarakah, Dibbin, Kfar Sir, Zawtar and Kfar Reman.In the NewsJewish Groups Denounce Fatal Shooting at U.S. Mosque, Call for Security FundingThey Were Children During the Nakba. This Is What They Remember 78 Years LaterThe People Who Manage to Make Art Without Having a Place to Call HomeTrump Says Iran Wants Deal With U.S., but Threatens 'Another Big Hit'Why Is Israel So Scared of Small Civilian Sailboats Bound for Gaza?Remembering and rebuilding two years laterICYMIHundreds Protest at New York Times HQ Over Column Alleging Abuse by IsraelisICC Prosecutor Seeks Warrants for Ben-Gvir, Smotrich, Other Israeli OfficialsEverybody Loses in the Cynical Israeli-Palestinian Sexual Violence CompetitionWelcome to the Most Shameful Day in the Jewish CalendarIsraeli Settler Filmed Abusing Palestinian-owned Dog in West BankIsraeli Teens Storm Muslim Quarter in Old City, Haaretz Reporter Attacked
Israeli military reservist killed in southern Lebanon combat, IDF says
IDF Says Officer Killed in Southern Lebanon. Prosecutors Agree to Cancel Netanyahu's Trial Hearing Over Security Considerations. Somaliland Says It Will Open an Embassy in Jerusalem, Israel to Reciprocate










