President Donald Trump speaks to members of the media on the South Lawn of the White House on Friday. On Monday, he told a federal court in Miami he wants to drop his lawsuit against the IRS. Photo by Eric Lee/UPI | License Photo
May 18 (UPI) -- President Donald Trump and his two oldest sons dropped their $10 billion lawsuit against the Internal Revenue Service on Monday as part of a settlement that will create a $1.8 billion fund to compensate those who said they were unfairly investigated by previous presidents.
The Justice Department announced the establishment of the Anti-Weaponization Fund to hear and redress claims of targeting by previous administrations.
"The machinery of government should never be weaponized against any American, and it is this department's intention to make right the wrongs that were previously done while ensuring this never happens again," acting Attorney General Todd Blanche said.
"As part of the this settlement, we are setting up a lawful process for victims of law fare and weaponization to be heard and seek redress."










